Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lift Kits: A Case Study

Since I'm the kind of guy who always seems to be questioning the thought processes of others, it should come as no surprise that I'm writing this little segment. See, since I also seem to have a strange fascination with "street sightings," I figured I would start a sort of log, just for entertainment value, since a vast majority of the population at my university seems to enjoy the, well let's just say, larger things in life.
Now of course, I'm talking about the cars, or in this case, trucks they drive. You see, it seems to have become tradition in the south, for some reason or other, to feel the need to drive a truck that is as big as your hold of land in Bulloch county. And I feel like it is justifiable to own a diesel-powered behemouth if you are indeed hauling farm equipment on a regular basis. However, the same does not ring true if you're just driving to class and back.
So for my little project, I've started to log some of my findings in iPhone photo form. So far I've only got two, but believe me, that number will grow. Also, to be fair, the photos are only of vehicles I know go to my school, so they will have to have the little round yellow parking pass sticker on them somewhere. Well I guess i'll give you my first couple entries. We start with this, a black Ford F-150 with a substantial lift.
My other photo for the time being was taken today; a Chevy Silverado diesel, also lifted.
Anyways, I'll keep you all posted on my latest and greatest sightings as they come up, and I am quite confident I'll have a pretty large catalog pretty soon.

1 comment:

  1. I currently have a Rocky Ridge Phantom pickup and it is quite large. I only use it for hauling or off-roading. I don’t know how most people can afford to use these as an everyday vehicle on the street with diesel being so pricey today. But I do love the look of lifted pickups and I certainly love my big truck.

    ReplyDelete