Saturday, September 8, 2012

Kompressing Your Beach Vacation

I’ve never really been the type to enjoy long vacations. A couple summers ago, for instance, I met a couple kids who would spend the entire month of July at their parents' condo in Destin. While this may sound like an ideal getaway to some, I personally have never been able to endure longer than a few days of beach vacation. Maybe it’s my personality, maybe it’s the people I’ve gone with (mostly my family). Whatever it is, I know that I can only lay in the sand and play in the surf for so many days until I’m absolutely sick of it and want to go home.
You can guess, and you'd be right, that day trips are just the sort of thing that’s right for me. So today my roommate and I decided to take the hour long drive to Tybee Island, a destination I visited not too long ago; documented in a previous posting, actually. Anyways, we spent a few hours playing in the surf before drying off, going to dinner, then going home. And I have to say, it was just enough beach for me.
And this brings me to the whole point of this posting. I know, it only took a whole two paragraphs, but hey, we’re here. Anyways, as no surprise to anyone who knows me, I spotted a favorite car of mine and had to snap a picture. The car in question was a Mercedes E55 AMG, a car I have always coveted. This car stands out to me because it's a car I believe I could own and drive every day without having a single complaint. The brutal powerplant coupled with it's luxurious nature makes it just the sort of car I yearn for.
Sure, I could easily buy a car with more impressive performance and handling specs for the same price, but I feel like these hardcore performance cars become sort of like my beach vacation. They’re awesome and exciting the first few days, but after that, I just want to go home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment